Manufacturing Execution System Engineer (m/f)
Pipelife is a business unit within the Wienerberger Group and one of the world’s leading suppliers of plastic pipe systems, currently present in 26 countries. We manufacture and market a wide range of quality pipe systems, providing tailor-made solutions for municipal infrastructure as well as for the industrial and house-building sector. As part of Piplife's Digitization strategy we are currently reviewing the Digitization of our Manufacturing environment. Part of that will be the implementation of a Manufacturing Execution System (MES).
- Directing the activities to specify, design, develop, document, test and implement a Manufacturing Execution System (MES) solution for Pipelife’s production companies - according to a defined roll-out plan.
- Provide recommendations to the Pipelife production companies on MES system level solutions to support their business needs.
- Support the design of MES customizations, implement and support the validation of these MES customizations.
- Set up a system for continuous plausibility checks, ensuring data integrity and implement corrective actions in case of deviations.
- Determine best-practices in applying the MES system for business (information) needs, set-up a consolidated intercompany benchmark.
- Based on the MES benchmark opportunity, drive larger Lean Six Sigma improvement projects across companies.
Your focus will be on cooperating with the plants of Pipelife, but you will also need to work across multiple functional areas, including Finance, Procurement, Manufacturing, Information Systems & Logistics to successfully drive the MES implementation. You will be the main liaison with the chosen MES supplier.
- University degree in an Engineering, Computer Science or Manufacturing direction; alternatively, significant experience in the industry.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience in the manufacturing industry
- Clear and apparent affinity with numbers, digitization, software usage
- Experience with MES systems
- Change Management experience
- Experience within European markets
- Willing and able to travel to the Pipelife facilities in Europe, min. 50% of the time.
- Experience with SAP or other ERP systems favorable
Our offer addresses likewise female and male applicants.
We are looking forward to getting to know you!