2. Collection of information
2.1. Data provided by you
2.2. Automatically collected data
2.3. Cookies and web beacons
2.4. Web analysis
- Hotjar: For an improved user experience, some of our online services use Hotjar software (http://www.hotjar.com, 3 Lyons Range, 20 Bisazza Street, Sliema SLM 1640, Malta, Europe). Hotjar enables us to measure and evaluate user activities (mouse movements, clicks, scroll height). For this purpose, Hotjar places cookies on the user’s device and can store user data, e.g. browser information, operating system, time spent on the website, etc. For details about data processing by Hotjar, please refer to www.hotjar.com/privacy.
2.5. Social media and web presence
3. Use of personal data
- Provision, improvement and support of our online services: This includes data analyses, the identification of usage trends, as well as calculations and statistics on user access patterns.
- Marketing: Your personal data will only be used for marketing purposes, such as surveys, raffles or other advertising campaigns, if you have agreed to such uses. In this case, your data will be stored for the duration of one year after termination of the campaign, unless longer storage is legally permissible for other reasons. Your consent to use your personal data for marketing purposes can be withdrawn at any time. For details, see item 5.
- Mailing of the Newsletter: If you fill in the web form to register for our Newsletter, we exclusively use the data provided by you to verify that you are the owner of the email address indicated and wish to receive the Newsletter, to compile a mailing list, and to analyze the usage of our Newsletter. In this case, your data will be stored for the duration of two years after termination of subscription, unless longer storage is legally permissible for other reasons. Your data will only be used by us for further purposes, if you have agreed to such uses.
- Ordering of reports or other information materials: If you order reports or other information materials from us, the personal information provided by you is used exclusively for processing your order and will subsequently be stored for a maximum period of two years after the last consignment. For the execution of orders, we may use the services of third parties to whom we transmit your data exclusively for the purpose of executing your order. For further purposes, we only use the personal data provided by you, if you have given us your consent.
- Use of contact form: If you use the contact form for enquiries, the information provided by you in the contact form, including your contact data, is used to process the enquiry and stored for later use in case follow-up questions arise. If necessary for the purpose of processing your enquiry we can also transmit your personal data to companies of the Wienerberger group (see item 4) or to third parties involved. Your personal data will be stored for the duration of processing the enquiry and a maximum period of one year after completion of processing, unless longer storage is legally permissible for other reasons.
- Job exchange: Job applications contain personal data (e.g. curriculum vitae, contact data, etc.). We can use such personal data within the Wienerberger Group (see item 4) to decide on whether to offer the applicant a position or to reply to the letter of application. Unless you explicitly object, we will keep the data on record for a maximum period of five years after the last contact (unless longer storage is legally permissible for other reasons) for possible consideration at a later point in time.
- Execution and administration of contracts: For the execution of incoming orders (especially orders for materials) we use the services of third parties to whom we transmit your data exclusively for the purpose of executing your order. In connection with such transactions, you may be contacted within the framework of customer satisfaction surveys or for market research purposes. If you ask us not to use your data for further contacts, we will certainly respect your wish.
- Protection of rights and property: If we have reason to believe that the rights and the property of Wienerberger, its suppliers and customers or third parties have been or could be impaired, we can use and transmit your personal data in order to protect such rights and/or such property. Moreover, we reserve the right to disclose your personal data, provided such disclosure is required by law or by order of competent authorities, to safeguard due process in accordance with the procedure indicated on our website(s), and to protect the aforementioned rights.
- Cleansing and consolidation of data: From time to time, the personal data provided by you can be cross-checked against or consolidated with (i) data from our existing registers (online and offline), (ii) data taken over from a legal predecessor, or (iii) data from other sources.
4. Transmission and disclosure of your personal information
- Transmission of data to third parties: For the execution of certain orders and for the provision of certain services we work with external providers (e.g. forwarding agents). Such providers are allowed to use or transmit the data collected and processed by us for no other purpose but execution of the order placed by Wienerberger.
- Compliance with laws and similar obligations: We will transmit your personal data in order to (i) enforce or comply with a law, a regulation, an order issued by a public authority or compulsory measures, (ii) detect and prevent security threats, fraud or other malicious activities, (iii) protect and/or enforce the rights and the property of Wienerberger or of third parties, and (iv) protect the rights and the personal security of our employees and of third persons.
5. Right to information, right of withdrawal and deletion of your personal data
6. Data security